In January 2014, Governor Christie signed an education bill on Definition of Dyslexia (A3608), Dyslexia Screening (A3605/S2442), and Professional Development (A3606). The New Jersey Department of Education required districts to implement the law starting in the 2014-2015 school year. Wall Township Public Schools implemented various steps in determining which students would qualify to be screened for signs of Dyslexia or other reading difficulties. The screening process leads to interventions for students who are found to be at risk for Dyslexia as well as those found to be significantly below level readers. Interventions are differentiated based on the outcome of the assessment.
- Dyslexia Basics
- Dyslexia Protocol Overview
- Protocol For Screening For Students With Potential Dyslexia In Grade 1
- Protocol For Screening For Students With Potential Dyslexia In Grades 2 – 6
- The New Jersey Dyslexia Handbook
- International Dyslexia Association
- Dyslexia and Other Reading Disabilities ~ Professional Development (NJDOE)